We need everyone to call and e-mail legislators today. Called before? Time to reach out again!
UPDATE: The legislative session ends July 31, so please contact your Representative today. It is time to #PassTheBillAlready for maternity care integration in Massachusetts. We need midwives. It's a matter of life and death.
We need everyone's help today! If the House does not pass the bill by July 31, we won't have another chance to pass it until 2020. We cannot do this without you.
ALREADY CONTACTED YOUR LEGISLATORS?
Legislators need to hear from you again. We only have a few weeks to go and we need to show Beacon Hill that Massachusetts families want midwives.
WHO ARE MY STATE LEGISLATORS?
Go to wheredoivotema.com and enter your address. Scroll down to "State Representative" and click on their name for e-mail and phone info.
WHAT DO I SAY?
By phone: MAKE 1 CALL TODAY
1. Tell the person who answers that you are a constituent, and ask to speak to a staff member about a bill you care about. Give your NAME and ADDRESS.
2. "I am a constituent of Representative _______, and I support the bill 'An Act Relative to Out-of-Hospital Birth Access and Safety.' I strongly urge the Representative to help pass HB4655 before the end of the legislative session."
3. Feel free to add your personal anecdote or reasons for supporting the bill. Some talking points you can use:
Integrating midwives into the health care system leads to fewer c-sections, fewer preemies, more breastfeeding and thriving babies
33 other states (including Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and Rhode Island) already recognize and integrate certified professional midwives.
- This bill improves the safety of home birth, promotes public health, and increases access to maternity care.
Use our automated system to send an e-mail right away, or send a personal e-mail including the following information:
- Your name and address
- The bill name and number (HB4655 "An Act Relative to Out-of-Hospital Birth Access and Safety")
- That you SUPPORT the bill and you would like the Representative to to help pass HB4655 before the end of the legislative session.
- Feel free to add your personal anecdote or reasons for supporting the bill. Attach a photo of your baby or your family!
Your calls and e-mails really make a difference! Thank you for taking action in support of public health and access to care.