Can you take 2 important actions to help Massachusetts join the 33 other states that recognize and license Certified Professional Midwives?
- Come to the Public Health Committee hearing at the State House on November 7.
- Send your personal story in support of the bill to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 30 to be included in the testimony package we will send to legislators. (Less than 2 pages is ideal. Please include your name and address.)
This is a crucial moment to take action for Out-of-Hospital Birth Access and Safety.
Please join us Nov. 7 in creating a huge show of support for access to homebirth midwifery care in Massachusetts!
We're dedicated to:
- Making the valuable choice of home birth available to more families
- Licensing midwives so that they are legally recognized and protected
- Building a pathway to insurance and Masshealth coverage for out-of-hospital births
- Transparency for consumers around out-of-hospital births
Let's tell our lawmakers how important this is!
We plan to pack the hearing room at the State House, where the Public Health Committee is holding a hearing on HB1189/SB1206. Your presence will show our lawmakers how essential this bill is for our families and communities. Bring your passion for safe, accessible home birth, and the wonderful midwives who provide it.
Event Details: Pack the Hearing Room!
(Public Health Committee hearing on HB1189/SB1206)
DATE: Tuesday, November 7
LOCATION: Massachusetts State House, 24 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108
TIME: Plan to arrive around 9:30 AM. If we get more details on the time for the hearing, we will send out an update.
Wear purple to help us present a unified front.
Babies and kids are very welcome!
Spread the word! Please like and share our Facebook event: http://bit.ly/2yLc8Oz